I am thankful for.....

This Thanksgiving I was especially thankful that my dad was able to be home with us to celebrate the holiday. Last month he was diagnosed with acute leukemia, and has been in the hospital ever since. He has been through the ringer with 24 hour a day chemo treatments and then through the rounds of blood transfusions. I almost feel like no one in the whole world loves their dad as much as I love mine, but I know that's silly, and I know that other's love their dads just as much. But still, it really makes you reflect on just how much you love someone when they become sick with cancer. And the thought of losing them enters your mind. So I guess that's why I feel like no one else in the world loves their dad as much as I love mine

My dad wasn't expected to be out of the hospital by Thanksgiving. But I get a call Thanksgiving morning from my dad. He said "Guess what?" I said "What?" He said "I'm home!" I was elated. I had no idea that they would let him out for thanksgiving. And to know that we were going to be able to spend one of our families favorite holidays together....and Pops was going to be there. It was just all such a blessing.

There are no words to describe how much I love my dad (pops). He has been my rock, my friend, my hero, and well, my dad.

God Bless him at this time. My sweet daddy.